Friday, July 22, 2011

Rib and Chili competition--

This should be fun--A rib and chili competition put on by the Veterans of Foreign Wars here in Hesperia.  I have been told that their are cookers coming from several states to compete.  Altho I think I can be very competitive for both chili and ribs, I think the best part is cooking for fun.....

I had to weld some wheels onto my (home made) Rib cooker so I can load it on the trailor--everything has to be cooked on site and my rib cooker does an exellent job.  Oh, and by the way, I am rounding up some SPECIAL Mystery Meat for the chili--ha ha ha    This should be a hoot.  It is Saturday 7/30 so I have about a week to get things together.......I will do another post when it is over to let you know how my chili and ribs did.......  

2 comments:

  1. I am very excited for you Dad. You're right, that does look like a lot of fun. I dig the wheels on the BBQ rig. It made me laugh.... a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I can't wait to see the blue ribbon you win for your awesome ribs--and I've been thinking for a while that it was time for you to take your chili beyond the church chili cook-off. It's time to share your delicacies with the world! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete