Sunday, August 14, 2011

RIB AND CHILI COMPETITION--

Well I said that I would post the information about the Rib and Chili competition at the VFW here in hesperia------There was about 30 cookers the public was inivited to be fed by the VFW for $7 and they were permited to sample the Ribs and Chili at each of the competitors stations.   Even though the judges decided that another Rib and Chili cooker other than me was to win, I did have a great time and my (home made ultimate rib machine) was the envy of all the other competors.. They had of course their (store bought) BBQs .

This home made rib cooker makes it easy to control and maintain a great temperature and I choose the type of wood that I use for the smoke--I like Apple wood for a mild smoke.  There was about 200 sample tasters and I was very happy with the coments made by a lot of them when they came back to my booth and told me that (in their opinion) they thought  my ribs were the best of all the other competitors.  --too bad the judges didn't think so.....but I cook for me, my family and friends and if the judges like them, ok, and if they don't, oh well.   It might be noted that I did get my picture in the paper and the others did not---ha ha


Also, I think maybe my chili was a little to hot for the tender mouths of the sissies doing the judging.  But many sample tasters liked it real well.


  So there it is, I am looking forward to the next one--It is fun competing even if l don't win, I LOVE MY RIBS and I love to cook em.  ha ha

Now I am getting ready for a high priest social at my place this Saturday the 20th---I am doing steaks to order, BBQ corn-on the cob, backed potaotes and the folks coming are bringing the salads.  Should be 50 to 60 people and lots of fun------

sorry for any mis-spelled words--I aint had much learning!  ha ha

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun! Your ribs are delicious. As for your Chili..... I promise that if you would only take out the mystery meat you would be the winner for sure! Just a personal opinion anyway. I never really was one for mystery meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were ROBBED!!! I can't believe you didn't win! I love your ribs and your chili, too.

    ReplyDelete