Sunday, February 12, 2012

Parlor desk fair entry---

Well, I have been looking for a unique piece of furniture that I can build to enter into the fair..  I haven't been able to find anything that I thought would be challenging and that would be a nice fair entry (if I could do a good enough job)...   But, I did find this PARLOR DESK on page 36 in the American Girl Christmas magazine and I thought it would be perfect.  So I decided to build one of these desks for full size people and this is what I have come up with.....It is very different and I have never seen one of these in my whole life.     6 legs and kinda weird but you can sit and write a letter or pay bills or what ever---

    

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Dad. That is cool! I like those curvy legs and that cute little drawer. What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! I have to admit... at first I was like, "what's with all the legs." Then you open it up and I was like "Wow!" So awesome Dad! I love it. I love the barrel back chair and I love the drawer. It looks way too nice to write on! Is that a secret compartment I noticed? Can't wait to see it in person! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not my Dad but I love it too!

    ReplyDelete